I’ve been busy with school, as in, trying not to fail school and my life! I’m only taking two classes but I find it impossibly hard to get homework done on my evenings off of school/work because I actually get to see my husband AND daughter at the same time when they are both wide awake! I think I’ve probably mentioned it before.
I miss my lil’ ol’ blog though and my husband keeps suggesting I write something. Lucky for you and not so lucky for me I’ve been sick for over a week. Three different illnesses within 7 days. I know, WHAT?!
I’ve been crockpottin’ it UP in here so I figured I would share a recipe I used (with a couple of changes..) on the 1 day I felt 87% this week!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe found here
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1/2 c.
white vinegarapple cider vinegar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
dash red pepper flakes or ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 c. chicken broth
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed *mine was frozen!
1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- My addition: 1 macintosh apple diced w/skin
- My addition: 1/2 pound of baby carrots (whole)
- 2lb bag of Small golden potatoes > quartered > with skins
- Olive oil
- Zeus seasoning