I have to make Carrigan some more meat for her meals! I don’t know if I’m doing beef or chicken again. However, the recipe will be the same for either!
Ginger-Apple Chicken/Beef Puree:
- 1/2 of a granny smith apple – sliced but not peeled
- 1-2 tablespoons of ginger – minced
- 2 chicken breasts or one thick slice of beef; cook thoroughly
- Boil in Medium sauce pan
- Blend 1 chicken breast or 1/2 of beef with broth
- Blend 1 chicken breast or 1/2 of beef with apples and ginger
<Update 7/26/11 4:41pm: I chose beef, boiled it and then pan fried it with some of the granny smiths and ginger. It’s now sitting in the broth with the rest of the apple slices + ginger until I’m ready to blend away>
None of this is from a recipe therefore you are trying at your own risk! I’m doing what I do when it’s time for me and Adam to eat dinner, scrounge! 🙂 I find that a lot of our best meals are had when I think outside of the box and use absolutely everything we have in the house! I’ve also found that Carrigan enjoys when Mommy thinks outside the box too!
For the adults looking for a meal; red wine-ginger steak is awesome!
Red Wine-Ginger Marinated Steak:
- Enough red wine to cover steak (I used yellow tail’s cabernet sauvignon)
- 2 tbsp Minced Ginger
- 2 tbsp of ginger “juice” (Personally, I just used our 4 sided cheese grater over the bowl and juiced that ginger but I’m sure there is a better way..)
- Steak (suggested cut: bottom round london broil)
This goes well with a simple salad and asparagus or if you want to make it summery; add some fresh fruits to your salad!
Again, none of this is from a recipe but I have made it for myself, my husband and in-laws and they all loved it (Well, my father-in-law did until we told him it had ginger and then per his usual behavior he said “I thought something tasted different“). Also, this is the best I could remember so you might have to play around with it.
Carrigan is waking up so this house is no longer “a napping house”… it’s soon to be a “pay attention to me mommy, now! house”